#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday, August 19, 2011

choices, choices...

We've taken a bit of time lately to start researching baby gear and trying to decide what we like, what we think we need, and what we think we can live without.

I am totally overwhelmed at times by the number of baby products out there. There are just so many choices & so much stuff.

So, we started doing our research with the most important things that we know we will have to buy.

Travel System
Just like everything else, there are so many carseat & stroller options to choose from.
We did our research on safety ratings and were able to narrow down the list quite a bit.

This Chicco Midori travel system is our #1 pick.

It gets great ratings for safety, will hold an infant up to 30 lbs., and I love that it is neutral & not too busy.

Friends of ours that have used Chicco travel systems with their children also recommended them highly to us.

Cribs

I have only looked at cribs online and am anxious to start looking at cribs in stores.

So far, I have 2 favorites and they are obviously quite different in style.

I do know that whatever style we choose, I want a dark wood tone.




Other furniture

The nursery is a small room and I do not want it to feel cluttered, so I want to limit the furniture in the room to the crib, a dresser (doubling as a changing table), and a glider rocker.

I have only looked at dressers online & haven't found anything I love.
I think it may be the hardest piece of furniture for me to settle on.
I haven't looked at all into glider rockers, but I know I want one!

I can't wait to rock, sing, & read to our little one while gliding away.

Swing

Maybe our baby will love a swing, maybe not.
But, I want our baby to atleast have a swing.
I first saw this Fisher Price Snug-a-Bunny swing in a pregnancy magazine they gave me at the OB's office on our first visit.
I immediately knew that it was the swing for our little one.
I look at it everytime I go to Target & fall more in love with it every time.
It is super soft & cozy and the bird mobile is simply precious!
It is a bit large, but our new living room is pretty spacious so it should be ok.

Obviously, we have so many other choices to make, but we've atleast started the process and it's been so fun!!!

I welcome all suggestions from my experienced friends on what "stuff" you used & what "stuff" you found you maybe could have lived without.

1 comment:

Mandy Mc said...

I highly recommend the book Baby Bargains. It was WONDERFUL for helping me know when to buy new, when to look for used, and/or when to do without. It also ranks lots of things based on your price range, which I found extremely helpful. Good luck!