#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

not fun...

My week got off to a rough start...

Monday night on my way to Bible Study I was in an accident.
I was turning left at a light on top of a hill with no green turn arrow.
I waited on a few cars, thought it was clear & just as I started to turn an SUV came barreling over the hill.

Good news-neither I nor the driver of the SUV were hurt.
Bad news-my poor car was hurt :-(.

Both our cars were driveable so we cleared them from the road & waited on the police. The officers that came were so nice and attentive. We got things taken care of quickly. The other driver admitted that she was speeding, but unfortunately the officer said because I was turning left and should have yielded that the accident is my fault. He issued no tickets though.

All I could do was cry Monday night.
From the time Chris met me at home until the time we went to bed, I cried.
He did his best to point out the positives and try to make me laugh.
He's always good at doing that, but I was just upset.
I've moved on past the tears now & I'm just so thankful that neither of us were hurt.

The strange part of the story...
The lady driving the SUV is someone I've been dying to meet.
She is the owner of my favorite local restaurant, Foster's Market.
Sara Foster is a world-renowned chef who spent the early part of her career working with Martha Stewart.
I love eating at her adorably quaint restaurant.
They have delicious sweet treats and coffee.
I also love their biscuits and fresh veggies.
This was not the way I envisioned meeting Sara Foster, but I can say that she was as lovely as I imagined her to be and I could not have hit a nicer person (strange sounding, I know).

My car is at the body shop for probably about 2 weeks so I'm sporting around in a dark blue Jetta.
I do miss my Honda and can't wait to have it back!

Thank goodness for insurance and mostly
thank God for no injuries!

No comments: