#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday, June 6, 2008

this weekend...

will be a busy one!

I worked Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday and was at work 1/2-day yesterday & will be again today prepping & putting the finishing touches on our National Cancer Survivor's Week events. Our big closing event is coming up on Sunday where I'll be all day! I have been in charge of planning activities for the children's corner since February. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. I'll be sure to post pictures soon.

Tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. there is the potential to witness a historical event. Big Brown could win the Triple Crown! I have loved horse racing since I was little & mom used to always want to watch the races on Saturday afternoons & we would cheer our favorites on. It's been 30 years since a horse has won the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes, & the Belmont Stakes races (Triple Crown).

We're having some friends over tomorrow at 5:30 to watch the race & then we're going to grill the last of the salmon Chris caught this time last year in Alaska...yummy! I'll be so happy to have that space back in our freezer! We're also going to grill some corn on the cob & our friends are bringing other sides & deserts. I want to come up with some cute little appetizers, but just haven't decided on them yet. It should be a good time.

Somewhere in the midst of this craziness, I have school work to do and have to clean the house. I also want to be able to sit back & enjoy this weekend and all of the fun things going on. Thank goodness for my best friend here, who just like in this picture, rests his arm on me a lot & reminds me to take a deep breath, relax, & enjoy life!

1 comment:

Peppes said...

WONDERFUL! What a way to start a grandmother's day...to see a pix of her first (special) grandchild and "her best friend"..and to read all the unselfish, generous hours she spends helping others. Love, Peppes