#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

what a day

Whew!

What a day it was! I worked again today after having just Monday off from the conference Thursday & Friday & working Saturday & Sunday...not enough of a break I must say.

I had a patient that went "bad" quickly today. It makes for a bummer of a day. It is days like this that make me appreciate my co-workers even more though. We all work so well as a team & while I spent the hour & 1/2 in my patient's room before I transferred him to the MICU they managed to keep an eye on my other patients and help our transition to the MICU be as smooth as possible. Go team!

I feel that nursing is my "calling", however there are some days that make me feel more like my calling is a blessing. Today was less like one of those days. My calling is by no means easy, but more often than not is rewarding, even when the patient's outcome is not for the best. Days like today force me to remind myself that there are patient success stories and that no matter what happens there is a reason I have been placed where I am.

I have a calling to fulfill...

No comments: