#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day

Today is Earth Day!

Since we moved to Durham nearly 3 years ago, we have been involved in the county's recycling program. It's been so easy since we moved into our house as we have our own recycling bins and just put them on the street for pick-up each week. We can recycle nearly all of our plastics, cardboards, glass and tin cans. It makes us feel like that one small piece at the time we are helping our environment.

About 3 months ago, we took another step towards "going green" and bought recycled cloth bags to take grocery shopping. I leave them in my trunk and every time I go to the grocery store or run in Target or Wal-Mart they go with me. I was appaled to learn that more that 500 billion plastic bags are used each year!!! Anything I can do to decrease that # is important to me!

What can you do to help our environment???

No comments: