#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday, February 22, 2008

Boston & Ribbon blankies

I'm sooooo excited...I leave next Thursday @1100 headed to Boston to visit Cameron, Lyndsey, & to meet baby Scarlett. Scarlett will turn 3 months old while I'm there. I'll get to stay until that Sunday. I can't wait to finally meet the little one & hold her for myself. I've got some fun goodies that I've collected to take to her. If only my camera worked I could take pictures of the little gifts to post...bummer! As soon as I can, I'll post pictures of them. I can wait to post pictures of my visit too!!!

Before Miss Scarlett was born I was introduced to the Taggie blankets. I absolutel love them! They're such simple little things that babies seem to love. I've decided that I'm going to try my hand at making them myself. I don't have a sewing machine, but figure I can handle it by hand as I'd only make little blankets. If I have time tomorrow, maybe I'll head to Walmart to by some fleece material to get started. Who knows...I might even pick up some more ribbon, although I know I have enough for several of these blankets! Maybe, just maybe I can get it finished before heading to Boston, but if not, I'll mail it to the little one. If it turns out well, I'd like to make several as we have 3 friends that are pregnant now. I might even make a couple of extra just to put away for our own little one someday! I got this picture off of Etsy.com of a tag blankie someone has for sale. (Thanks to Hollie for introducing me to Etsy-I'm in love with it!)I'm off to fold a load of laundry & take advantage of a more normal feeling back!

No comments: