#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday, February 18, 2008

I went skydiving...


Are you hearing the Tim McGraw song "Live Like you Were Dying" playing in your head? You know..."I went skydiving, I went Rocky Mountain Climbing, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu...". As you all know, skydiving is on my "bucket list". So...

Saturday, my mom, my sisters & I headed to Rockmart, Georgia to a place called Skydive the Farm for an adventure of a lifetime. I've wanted to go skydiving for some time now & Chris has made it evident that he will never go with me. My mom celebrated her 50th birthday 2 weekends ago & decided she wanted to do something bold & daring so we talked her into skydiving with us!

It was a beautiful day & despite a few butterflies in all of our stomachs, we had an amazing experience. It was about 60 degrees on the ground, but obviously much colder at 15,000 feet when we jumped. It was very windy when we were free-falling as you can see in the pictures from the wind in my cheeks. After we pulled our parachute the wind and our speed slowed & we drifted down checking out the scenery. I was amazed at how quiet it is at that altitude. Once the parachute was pulled, I could hear my instructor talking to me just like we were face to face in a room alone & you could have heard a pin drop.

It was such an amazing day & experience for each of us. I am so glad I had the opportunity & took the chance to skydive! I'm crossing it off my "bucket list" right now!

We each had our own videographer/photographer jump with us so we have our own amazing videos & still shots to prove our adventure. Here are some of my favorite shots.






1 comment:

Hollie said...

this totally surprises me about you! you are a dare devil! glad you are checking things off the bucket list!