#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Sunday, March 9, 2008

spring has come & company has gone...

I'm back...

Chris' grandparents from Lake Hartwell visited us this weekend. They came in Friday evening & left this afternoon after church & lunch. It was rainy & very windy the entire time they were here, but we got out a bit anyway. Yesterday we took them to the Duke Gardens. It's a bit early for most stuff to be blooming, but we got a glimpse of the daffodils, pansies, and hyacinths. The cherry trees are blooming too so they were beautiful. There were even a few tulips in bloom. I think Chris & I will plan to head back in a few weeks when the tulip will be in full bloom. They took us out to dinner last night at Macaroni Grill (one of my favs!). Chris & I of course had to watch the Duke vs. UNC game last night & they even watched part of it with us. They came to church with us this morning & then we stopped by Panera (another of my favs!) for lunch. We had a great time with them & are so glad that they had the chance to visit us.

Speaking of flowers....spring has sprung at our house....yeah! I can't remember when I've ever been so ready for spring. Our quince, camelia, forsythia, and daffodils are in full blooms & are sooo pretty. I have about 20 hyacinths in the front yard that should all start blooming later this week. I have about 30 tulips that look to be ready to bloom very soon too. It's going to so lovely! Chris' grandmother is sooo sweet & brought us 4 little baby rosebushes this weekend. They're small, but are of a fast growing variety so we got them planted this afternoon & I can't wait to watch them grow!

The ad below thrills me to no end...I have a dear friend at work who sells Longaberger products. I love their products, but rarely buy them. I can't turn this offer down though. I love to drink coffee but only out of coffee mugs, I've never been satisfied with a travel cup made from plastic. I'm definitely going to buy 2 of these, I just have to decide what color to order them in. I can't wait for them to come in!

This week is spring break from classes so I'm excited about that although I'm going to try to get ahead on a couple of big assignments coming up in the near future as the coming weeks are looking busier & busier!

We have a big project planned for this upcoming weekend...we're building a garden arbor to replace the one currently in our yard. The current one is made of bamboo & a rather sad excuse for an arbor. We're going to buy a new vine to start on it after we get it built & stained. We bought the lumber this weekend & got to use a $5 off coupon I had from Home Depot (I love using coupons!) so we'll be all ready to get started on Saturday morning. I can't wait to see it in it's new garden home!

No comments: