#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Sunday, September 19, 2010

no pantry, no problem!

I love a pantry...
in my book, it's a kitchen neccessity!

When we moved into our apartment in Durham as newlyweds, we had a small closet that we used as a pantry.
One of the drawing points to the house we bought in Durham was the awesome pantry which was huge with lots of built-in shelves.

So, when we moved into our cozy rental house here in Nashville, I was so disappointed that we had no pantry.
That coupled with the general lack of storage space led us to consider other options for a pantry.

Meet my mock pantry...

It's a black 5-shelf bookcase from Wal-Mart that my husband was kind enough to assemble for me. It sits in the open area just off of our kitchen & laundry closet. It was sort-of a wasted space anyway.

I didn't like the fact that the contents of my "pantry" were so exposed.
So, I found a dowel rod...painted it black...found some inexpensive material @ Hobby Lobby & sewed this curtain.
We keep it tied up & out of the way most of the time, but if anyone comes over, we usually close it up to fully hide our pantry goods.

It's not perfect, but it works!

I'm linking this idea up to...

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Look at you miss crafty! I love it!