#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Saturday, September 4, 2010

breakdown.

So, I had a little emotional breakdown Wednesday evening.

It all started as I'm making Chris' lunch for Thursday...
I'm grabbing a granola bar out of our snack basket in the pantry (aka the bookcase we fashioned into a pantry)...
Just before I tossed it into the bag I see a hole in the back of it, a good-sized hole...
I start hoping it's a faulty one that was damaged while in the box, so I grab another from the basket...
It has a hole in it too, a smaller one, but a hole...
The next one I grab does too, so now I'm freaking out.

Chris comes to check out what all the uproar is about, probably assuming that I'm over-reacting.
Then he said the word...MOUSE...ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

He starts grabbing stuff off the shelves of the pantry...
I'm still standing in the middle of the kitchen with the heeby-jeebies...

Long story short, Chris packs most of our food in coolers & a Rubbermaid storage box that usually has his sweaters in it (for some reason this is what threw me over the edge)...

Now we have sweaters that belong in an under-the-bed storage box in my clean laundry basket,
our food is in various coolers & boxes,
and worst of all...there's a MOUSE IN MY HOUSE!

I'm crying, I'm fuming, I was so ugly to my sweet husband who was creating a game plan for catching this darn mouse...

Suddenly, I want my house back (my house with no mouse),
I want my current house back in order,
I miss my job (I love my job now, but I still miss my Duke job),
I miss my friends,
and some stinking little mouse is causing me to have this crazy emotional breakdown.

Anyway...our food is still in boxes, Chris' sweaters are still not in their home, and we have traps set all around the house.
And we still haven't caught this darn mouse...Chris keeps coming up with creative ideas so hopefully we'll have him soon.

Luckily, I'm coping better, for now...
I'm still frustrated that the house is in disarray and that there's still a mouse in my house.

I rarely wish death upon living things, but this mouse has got to die...and soon!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Poor thing! (both you and the mouse- that mouse isn't going to stand a chance!) You've have some pretty big changes in your life in the past year with losing family members, to graduating, to moving, to jobs...::sigh:: It was only a matter of time before you went a little nuts ;o) Don't let it get you down - YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Jill said...

I'd be unhappy too if I were iin your shoes.