#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday, September 6, 2010

challenges.

Chris & I have recently challenged ourselves to change a few things about how we live...
I think we're up for the challenges!

(1) Eat atleast one meatless dinner meal/week---In an effort to eat healthier and just to eat less meat in general, we are trying out atleast one vegetarian dinner entree each week.
Last week, we made fresh pesto & for 2 nights ate whole grain pasta with pesto, pine nuts & fresh parmesan...delicious! I'm thinking of posting the recipe we try each week here on my blog.

(2) Stick to a grocery budget--- This is mostly a challenge for me. I've gotten good at using coupons & finding sales, but often this means that I spend the same amount of $ but get more stuff. I'm going to make an effort to save $ by shopping sales, using coupons, and buying less!
We're aiming for $50/week, so we'll see how it goes!

(3) Get in shape again--- I know, I know...this is such a cliche challenge, but we really mean it! We both have free access to the gyms at Vanderbilt & Belmont. We have fabulous parks & neighborhoods around to jog in. We just have to make it a priority to do it! So far, so good...I'm going to an hour-long spin class @ the gym on Monday nights, we're running atleast 3 nights a week, and I'm doing pilates or hitting up the gym another day each week.

(4) Floss--- You can't laugh...just after we moved I got on a kick about forming good habits. I decided that I would start with flossing. I've always been the kind that flosses once a week or so until the week of my dentist appointment in which I start flossing religiously (you know you do it too :-)). I've always wanted to be better at doing it, so I took to making it a habit. Now, I'm at almost 8 weeks & flossing strong! (To be entirely honest, I have forgotten 2 times in 8 weeks...oops!). It may seem small, but cementing this habit for me is proof that I can take other good behaviors & make them daily habits.

Stay tuned for updates on our progress towards meeting our challenges...

No comments: