#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

what i've been up to...

I've been very busy for the last few days. Here's a recap...

Last Thursday & Friday I was in Columbia, S.C. at Fort Jackson for my cousin's graduation from Army Basic Training Camp-goooo 3rd Battalion, 34th Infantry Regiment Bravo Company soldiers!
It was quite humbling to see hundreds of future soldiers on the field in front of us.

When I wasn't working or traveling last week, I was sewing a robe for "my king". We searched for couples Halloween costume ideas for a while before we agreed on being fast food mascots. Chris was set on being the king of Burger King and I chose the Wendy's mascot.

The robe turned out pretty good considering I've never made anything like it before & "my king" was pretty demanding in his specifications :-).

It certainly kept me busy!

We had a great time though, as you can see...

Sunday afternoon I threw a bridal shower for a sweet friend from work, Ashley.
We had such a fun group of friends to celebrate with & we had a wonderful time!

And, finally a must share recipe from the shower...

Coffee Punch

1 tablespoon of instant coffee
½ cup of sugar
1 ½ quarts of boiling water
Mix the above ingredients & cool completely.
Add the following:
1 quart of milk (2% or whole, not skim)
½ tablespoon of vanilla
4 ounces of chocolate syrup
Pour this mixture into containers and store in the refrigerator. You can make this the night prior & store until the next day.
To make punch-Put 1 ½ quart package of Breyer’s vanilla bean ice cream in a punch bowl & pour half of liquid mixture over it. Mix until slushy. Repeat with a second 1 ½ quart package of ice cream and other half of liquid.
Serves 20-25 (Recipe can be halved or doubled)
It's soooo delicious!

No comments: