#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday, June 8, 2009

a 1st time for everything...

Sometimes that's a good thing & sometimes it's not!
I certainly wish there had not been a 1st time for my encounter with poision ivy.

Last Tuesday & Thursday I worked on digging up the mounds of day lilies on either side of our front porch.
I've never liked them there, and usually only a handful of them bloom.
I dug them up, turned the soil, added some Nature's Helper, and replaced the lilies with more beautiful hostas & Purple Queen .
Somewhere in the process, I exposed myself to some poision ivy.

I grew up in the middle of a wooded area surrounded by farm land.
I never got poision ivy there!
Funny I should encounter it now...

It's not really funny though...
my right arm looks horrible,
and it itches like CRAZY which is making me CRAZY.

I'm self-treating my ailment with a concoction of creams and Benadryl.
I had forgotten just how sleepy Benadryl makes me, so I'm trying only to take it at night.

I can't wait to be itch-free again!

No comments: