#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

past updates & future plans...

It's been a while...

Our tulips in the front yard are blooming. They're red & absolutely lovely next to my white and purple hyacinths! If only I could post a picture of them...

Speaking of pictures...we got our tax return $ today, nearly $2500! We're using most of it to open a roth IRA and the rest to buy a new camera. I've been doing quite a bit of research on different cameras so hopefully next weekend we can go to Wolf Camera and check my faves out in person. I can't wait to have a camera again. Then I'll have sooo many shots to catch up on.

Only 3 more weeks of this semester left...thank goodness! I'm ready for new classes and different types of learning opportunities. I'm hoping to have my research proposal paper wrapped up by the middle of next week & it should all be downhill from there.

I'm headed to a 2-day seminar tomorrow with some of my coworkers on caring for patients at the end of life. Not exactly a fun thing to talk about but a very important thing for us to be able to do well. It'll be refreshing to get go to a class while getting paid. Such a change of pace from a typical work day.

Next Saturday I have to go to a scientific writing course from 9-4 for a 1-hour class I'm taking. Then I have to write about it & I get credit for the course...a pretty sweet deal! Unfortunately that Saturday is Chris' 25th birthday...bummer. But to make his day special, I'm planning a little surprise birthday party at his favorite Mexican restaurant with a few of our friends. It should be fun!

My parents will be visiting us towards the end of April. I'm so excited. It's been almost a year since they were here last. We have a lot of new things around the house to show them & fun things planned for their stay!

That's all for now...off to get ready for bed so I can get up before 0600...good night!

No comments: