#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Balance.

Life is all about balance.
We have to eat, but we can't eat too much...We have to work, but we also have to sleep...We have to laugh, but we also have to cry...We have to have fun, but we also have to be serious...We have to save money, but we also have to spend money...

If you asked me a year ago, I would have said that I felt like I had a good grasp on how to live a balanced life. Then, my life changed! Life is so different for me now than it was this time last year when we were making the final preparations for Owen's arrival.  Now, with my new priority, I feel like I am constantly attempting to find a sense of balance in every waking moment.

I am slowly learning that I can't do everything that I was doing a year ago. I can't keep our house as neat as it used to be...I can't cook 4 or 5 nights a week...I can't put as much time into wrapping Christmas gifts for friends & family...I can't be involved in every opportunity that comes my way.

Yet, my life has changed for the better! God is teaching me about what really matters in life...It's not a neat house, gourmet meals, or the best wrapped presents. Life is about love.

As the Christmas season fast approaches & my to-do list grows longer & longer, I am praying to keep love & family as my focus. Everything else can wait.



No comments: