#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Saturday, June 12, 2010

welcome to Belmont!

Exciting news...

Late Wed. afternoon as we were driving home from enjoying ice cream @ Maple View Farms, I got a call from the director of the nursing program at Belmont offering me a position there beginning August 1st!

She asked me to think & pray about it, which we did until Thursday afternoon when I called to officially accept their offer.

Several of the details are still up in the air, but here's what I know so far...
*My title---Adult Health Adjunct Professor (Full-time)
*My responsibilities---classroom, clinical & lab teaching (more clinical-focused for the fall semester)
*It's a 10-month position, so unless I want to make more $ & work in June & July, I'll have those 2 months off!
*Benefits include health insurance & a membership to work-out facilities on campus (I'm excited about that!)

I've spoken to the director several times over the phone & have received e-mails from various people on campus welcoming me.
They have done a wondeful job making me feel wanted & welcome.
In some strange way, I feel like I know them well despite the fact that we've only talked over the phone & never physically met.

I'm super excited & anxious to get more details on what I'll be teaching and to meet my future co-workers!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Yay yay! Congrats! Can't wait to hear more about it. Sounds awesome!

Courtney said...

YIPPIE!!!