#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

time flies!

Today was my students' last day in clinical.

It's hard to believe that I had been their instructor since the middle of January.
I remember their anxious faces on the 1st day of clinical (I was nervous too!).
They've each come so far, and now I see much more confidence in their faces and their actions.

Teaching this semester has been a wonderful experience for me.
The students challenged me constantly and taught me so much about teaching in a clinical setting---far more than I could have ever learned in any book about nursing education.

Working 2 jobs while finishing school has been trying and exhausting.
Yet, it's been the best thing I have done in a long time.

I have found that teaching is far more rewarding than I had ever imagined.
Good thing, since in 18 days I'll have an MSN in Nursing Education! :-)

My wonderful students even brought me a gift...
a Williams Sonoma cookbook---"Breakfasts & Brunches",
a set of 4 individual deep-dish pizza pans,
and some Williams Sonoma utensils.
So thoughtful!

After this experience, I am certain that pursuing teaching jobs in Nashville is the way to go.
I'm still waiting to hear from Belmont, so fingers crossed.
In the mean-time, I've applied for a faculty job at Nashville State as well.

Now that I'm done with teaching & school, I'm ready for a little "me time" before it's time for the big move and our next "adventure".

1 comment:

Courtney said...

What wonderful students!! Such a thoughtful gift, you must be a great teacher :o) Fingers crossed about the job and also the new one you applied to as well. Plus, I like the "adventure" being in quotes, made me smile!