#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Saturday, January 12, 2008

recap & Resolutions

Happy New Year (a bit belated)! I'm so excited to see what God holds in store for my & Chris' 2008!

Christmas was great. I ended up working Christmas Eve day & then we had only 14 patients so I got Christmas day off. We drove home Christmas morning so our families were thrilled about that. We came back to our house the Thursday after Christmas & then went right back to work.

We got a lot of fun gifts for Christmas this year. Chris & I had of course already done our Christmas when we bought our new LCD HDTV & our new desktop computer. Chris' parents gave us a digital home theater system with a digital DVD player & speakers to go with our new t.v. Chris is in the process of getting it all fired up now & we can't wait to see how it sounds. My parents gave me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I've been wanting one for a while now, but just wouldn't buy it for myself. I am so excited & can't wait to start using it. Chris got several new tools, a gift card to buy a wheelbarrow that he's been wanting for yard work, and quite a few clothes. We also got a new fireplace tool set & I got a bagless vacuum cleaner that makes cleaning the house so much more fun! My grandparents gave us cash, so today we went a bought a new desk for our office. I love it! Some of my other favorite gifts were: a subscription to A Taste of Home, fleece pjs & slippers, some Pampered Chef utensils, and lots of Yankee Candles. Hopefully soon I'll post some pics of some of our fun gifts.

After working last Friday, Saturday, & Sunday I went to my school orientation on Monday & then went back to work Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. It's been busy to say the least. School started Wed. & is already off to a crazy start. I'm taking a Healthcare Populations course and Reseach Methods. It'll be a lot of reading & writing for both courses. Hopefully I'll survive.

I'm so excited about the new year. It's always such a refreshing time for me. After coming home & settling back in, we've done a little cleaning out all around the house & I'm hoping to have a yard sale to clean out more in March. We re-arranged our living room just for something different. I of course made the obligatory new year's resolutions, except that I fully intend to keep them!
*Jog/run atleast 3 times/week
*Take (& pass) my OCN exam (in May)
*Scrapbook & journal/blog more
*Take more time for me!
*Spend more time in prayer & meditation

Best wishes for a fulfilling 2008!

No comments: