#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My "bucket list"

There's a new movie out starring Jack Nicholson & Morgan Freeman called "The Bucket List". I am really anxious to see it. The plot is based around two terminally-ill cancer patients (played by the aforementioned actors) who leave the hospital & journey on an adventure to live life to the fullest before they die. I have had a "do before I die" list for years, so I pulled it out the other day & checked off a few things & added quite a few more. Here's how it looks:


Visit New York City at Christmas......check (Dec. 2004)
Stand in Times Square to ring in the new year
See the Statue of Liberty......check (March 2000, Dec. 2004)
Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge
Take the coastal lighthouse tour all over Maine
Stand next to a Giant Redwood tree
Visit the Grand Canyon
Travel to Alaska......check (June 2007)
Travel to Hawaii
Go to Yellowstone National Park
See the pyramids in Egypt
Take a Mediterranean island cruise
Go scuba diving (I've snorkled but never scubaed)
Go skydiving......almost check (on the books for Feb. 16th, 2008...ahhh, what fun!)
Swim with dolphins (I'm dying to do this)
Visit every baseball stadium in the U.S.......so far, I've been to Turner Field &
Wrigley Stadium
Travel across Europe (I'd really like to visit every European country, but definitely Italy,
Spain, England & Scotland)
Write a book

Still a lot left to do, but I think it's fun to have things to look forward to & dream for! Maybe I can check some more off of my list in 2008!

No comments: