#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday, March 26, 2012

hands

I love touching people's hands, holding the hands of those I love, and just looking at peoples' hands.
The only reading we had at our wedding was a poem entitled "The Hands of the Bride & Groom".
I definitely think you can learn a lot about someone by looking at their hands.
It's suffice to say that I'm very intrigued by hands...and now, especially intrigued by little, tiny hands!

In the last few weeks, Owen has discovered his hands & has learned that he can do things with them.
It has been one of the most fun aspects of watching him grow in the past several weeks.

He started by reaching for our faces with his hands when he was on his changing table.
Quickly he learned that he could grab my hair as well (ouch!).
It wasn't long & he discovered my necklaces (no more jewelry for me for a while).

Now, he's grabbing at everything...
his shirt, our shirts, burp cloths, his bibs, his taggie blanket (his favorite thing right now), his toys hanging from the play mat and the bouncy seat...

He also likes to think that he's "helping" us with his hands. He likes to put a hand, sometimes two, on his bottle. He loves to "help" by wiping spit-up off of his face. He also has been known to put his hands down into his diaper = much less helpful.

Just this week, he's gone beyond just grabbing everything to rubbing things too.
We're reading him a few of his books that have textured objects, and I think he likes that!

I can't wait to continue to watch our little man learn new things with his hands...he's sooo fun!

No comments: