#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010.

It's so hard for me to believe that 2010 is coming to an end.

It's been quite a year for us. It's been...
challenging,
full of change,
filled with uncertainty,
loaded with new blessings,
fun,
trying at times,
amusing,
and in the end, we can look back and say it truly has been a great year!

To summarize our year:
*I went skiing for the 1st time when we travelled with Uncle Sam, Aunt Lisa & family to Copper Mountain, Colorado. It was an awesome experience & thankfully we all survived with no injuries! I can cross snow-skiing off of my bucket list.

*We put our house in Durham up for sale in early February. We feel blessed that we finally sold it in July. The waiting, and ups & downs tested our patience, our faith, and left us questioning our future.

*I graduated from Duke in May with my Master's of Science in Nursing Education. Now, I'm Sarah Tarr, RN, MSN, OCN!

*Chris graduated from UNC the following weekend with his PhD in Organic Chemistry. He's now, Dr. James Christopher Tarr!!!

*We made 2 quick trips to Nashville in the spring searching for places to live in Nashville. With the help of Craigslist, we later found our tiny little Nashville home!

*In July, we loaded up 3 cars & trucks + 1 very large moving truck and headed 8 hours west to our new home city of Nashville.

*On July 30th, we celebrated 5 wonderful year of marriage!

*Chris & I both started our new jobs in August. Chris as a Post-Doctoral Fellow in Organic Chemistry at Vanderbilt & me as Full-time Adjunct Faculty in the School of Nursing at Belmont University. We both love our jobs!

*Sadly, we lost Chris' grandpa, Pa Tarr, in August. He was a wonderful man and is, and will continue to be, missed greatly by us all.

*We took a quick weekend trip to St. Louis. I crossed a visit to another baseball stadium off of my bucket list.

*I took a job as an author for a chapter of a McGraw-Hill Medical-Surgical Nursing textbook.

*For the 1st time since graduating from college & being married, we had the opportunity to spend almost two weeks at the holidays in GA with our families. It's been a great way to close out the year!

Again, it's been quite a year!!! We're looking forward to 2011!

No comments: