#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday, August 29, 2008

dental woes & my burn...

At my 6-month dental check-up 2 weeks ago, my dentist found a decay in the next to last tooth on the upper right side of my mouth.

I went last Tuesday to have it filled. About 1/4 of the way into the process, the dentist stopped to take x-rays of the tooth pulp telling me that it seemed like a deep decay. She said I might need a root canal...ahhhh. So, I sat freaking out in the chair until she came back from looking at the x-rays & said that it was deep, but not to the pulp. 2 hours later...I finally left, but with only 1/2 of the filling done.

Needless to say, I was less than pleased. It took until about Saturday night before I could stop taking the extra strength Tylenol & could chew on the right side of my mouth.

Of course by then Monday rolled around & I had to go back for the 2nd 1/2 of the filling...wahoo. It was far more painful than the first, but luckily today it's feeling much better & I can officially chew on the right side of my mouth.

All in the midst of this, a rather unfortunate accident occurred last Thursday evening...it goes like this. I was cooking risotto for dinner. I had the broth that I had been boiling for about 15 minutes & I was in the process of slowly adding it to my risotto, chicken & tomato mixture. Somewhere in the process of adding it, I flipped the pot of boiling broth...ahhhhh. I was on the phone with Chris & I was literally screaming. I felt like I was burning all over. It was a horrible feeling. He got me calmed down & sent me to the shower. Looking back on it, it's sort of funny, but there I was standing clothed in my pajamas holding the phone out so Chris could keep me semi-calm. I feel so thankful because when it was all over and done with, I have a burn about the size of a half dollar on my right upper thigh & that's all. It's healing well (I know this because it itches like crazy!) and hopefully it won't scar. It was definitely a scary moment though.

I'm glad all of my woes are resolved so that we can enjoy our weekend at Lake Hartwell! Be back Monday!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Oh no! So sad for you!! I hope you are feeling much better. I can't believe your filling took 2 days! That's complete insanity...I couldn't have made it through that :o)