#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday, July 6, 2007

Home Again!

Well, I've finally made it back from the Land of the Midnight Sun, Alaska, where we had an awesome 2 week vacation! Actually, I've been back since Sunday morning but I've been incredibly busy since then. I was supposed to fly in at 2350 Saturday night, but instead I got home at 1030 Sunday morning...yuck. I had airline delays/missed flights that aren't your fault. Oh well. I made it home safely & that's what really matters.

We had a great time on our trip. I'm planning to journal it all right here on my blog! So, be looking for that to be here soon. I'm working this weekend so I'm hoping to start either Sunday night or Monday.

I got back in on Sunday & then we headed down to Chris' parents lakehouse on Tuesday evening to spend the 4th there. It was a nice relaxed holiday & we got to spend some quality time with Chris' parents, Erin, & his grandparents. It meant I didn't have much time at home after coming back from Alaska before going back to work, but it turned out o.k.

Sadie missed us so much while we were gone. Chris said she was so happy to see him when he picked her up after her week stay at the kennels. They said she had fun there. I think she does miss having other puppies to play with, but we're so glad to have her home!

Our garden has done well in some aspects & horrible in others. Our squash has flourished. We've picked over 50 squash!!! I'm cooking everything possible with squash in it! I'm going to try baked & hollowed sqaush next week. However, the deer ate all of our string beans which is a real bummer. I love fresh beans! Our tomatoes look great & should be ripe in the next couple of weeks. We'll have some bell peppers too. I can't wait to make stuffed peppers with fresh bells.

Keep checking back for Alaska vacation updates & pictures.

No comments: