#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday, June 9, 2014

Owen's words.


Owen,
From the time you wake in the morning until you talk yourself to sleep at night, you are constantly talking. You amaze us with the things you say. You speak in complete sentences and often string multiple sentences together. Sometimes I wish I could walk around with a pen & paper and write down everything you say. Some of the things you say are so precious, and I don't want to forget them...

Like, last week when we were outside & I commented that the mosquitoes were awful as I was swatting them away from your face. You said "shoo bugsquitos" and continued to refer to the pesky things as "bugsquitos".

Or, when you point to someone else and say "that's not my mommy" and then turn to me, point & grin and say "that's my mommy"!

You wake up early and usually the first words you say are "It's get up time. I'm ready for my breakfast."

Sometimes you try to use your language to be a bit manipulative, like when I found you jumping on the couch a few weeks ago and reminded you that we did not jump on the furniture and you told me "I was just exercise jumping" (as if that would be acceptable!).

As the boxes pile up along the walls in preparation for our move, you've been very curious and are becoming somewhat concerned about why none of your things have been packed yet. Today you said to me, "Mommy, I'm going to pack up my friends and take them to my new house with me." You also constantly remind us that "we will move to our new house when the other people move out". 

And, since starting Sunday morning curriculum at church we have had some precious conversations about God. You constantly point out things that God made, especially when we are outside. "God made that robin bird mommy. He has an orange tummy." "God made that tree." "God made my sticks."

Moments with you are never dull and very rarely quiet; and for now, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

Mommy

No comments: