#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Thursday, April 11, 2013

One big guy.


Owen,

I feel like just in the last 2 weeks that you have grown up so much. You're just so big in size, personality, and skill.

You are constantly chatting. You have lots of words that we can't quite understand, but many that we can- mama, dada, hi, bye, dog, cat, brush, bath, teeth, cookie, cracker, cheese, side (for "outside"), crash (your newest word which you learned when I was stacking blocks & you were busy knocking them over). You make animal sounds for cow, sheep, horse, monkey, dog, & snake.

You are always moving. You run all over inside & outside, scatter toys all over the house, chase after Sadie...you rarely stop-even when you're exhausted! Your favorite thing to do is be outside. You cry sometimes nearly uncontrollably when we come back inside. It's just precious to watch you run all over the yard carrying your dollar store shovel!

You're becoming a big boy eater. You're a little more picky than you were a few months ago,but still a great eater. You're willing to try pretty much anything & right now your favorite food is broccoli :-). You are becoming pretty skilled at using a spoon to feed yourself oatmeal, and you're making improvements with the fork too. At school, you now sits in a little chair at a little table rather than in a highchair. At home, we have taken the tray off of your highchair and sit your plate on the table. What a big boy!

You are learning so many new things every day. Watching you learn new things is such a joy for me. You are always watching & imitating what we do which has been a very humbling experience for daddy & I. You have learned that we do certain things in specific rooms of the house so if we tell you it's time to do laundry, you runs to the laundry room or if we say it's time for dinner, you run to your chair in the kitchen. I am so proud of how much you have learned in your 14 months of life!

I love that although you're getting bigger every day, that you still love to run over and kiss me, hug me, & snuggle up. I can't express how much I love you and how proud I am to be your mom.

I love you Owen.

Mommy




No comments: