#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday, June 10, 2011

CSA Bounty-Week 3

I'm a bit late on sharing details from week 3, but week 3's week's box contained:
*collard greens
*sugar snap peas
*squash
*zuchinni
*beets

We turned it into:
*More chicken stir fry...it was so delicious the last time we had to have it again. The fresh sugar snap peas make it so amazing!

*I was pretty skeptical about the collards, but I tried making timbales. I found the recipe in a great vegetable-based cookbook I got from the library. I steamed the collard leaves and used them to line 4 ramekins. I made a stuffing with small pieces of ham, grated gruyere cheese, chopped steamed collards, and diced onions. You fill the ramekin with the stuffing and pull the collard leaves over the top to cover the stuffing. Brush the tops with olive oil and bake in a water bath for 30 minutes.
I have never enjoyed collards before, but these turned out to be delicious.

*Roasted beets-Again, I was pretty skeptical. I'd never had fresh beets before. I washed them, roasted them in the oven with the skin on. When they cooled, the skins peeled right off & I sliced them, brushed with butter, basil, and parsley...delicious!!!


Details on Week 4 coming soon...

No comments: