#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

adventures galore!

We have had some fabulous adventures over the last month and even more fabulous adventures to come over the summer!

To recap...
-Chris' parents & Erin came to visit in early April. In addition to showing them the sights of Nashville, Chris's dad, Chris, Erin, & I went zip-lining along the Harpeth River. It was unbelievably fun!!! We're already imagining our next zip-lining adventure.

-We were home in Atlanta this past weekend celebrating 2 wonderful occasions, Mom's graduation from Brenau (go Mom, MSN, RN, OCN!!!) and Mother's Day. It was a great weekend with lots of fun and celebration.

Between those fun adventures, it's been very busy with the end of the semester upon us.
I've also accepted a PRN position at Baptist Hospital in Nashville. I will be working on an oncology floor, very different from where I was at Duke, but I am nonetheless excited about the opportunity to get back in the hospital and work with patients without too much commitment (only 2 shifts a month, no weekends, no nights, no holidays, no on-call!!!).

We've also been quite busy planning our summer adventures.

-Cheri & Abbey will be arriving on June 9th for the CMA Festival. We've been planning it for quite some time & it's fast approaching. We have 4-day, all-access passes so we're looking forward to lots of great concerts by the river during the day and bigger concerts at LP Field in the evenings. Lots of great music by lots of great country music stars. Definitely can't wait for some sister fun!

-Destination: Stockholm, Sweden. We leave 6/18 & will return on 6/26. Our home base will be Stockholm, but we will take a couple of day trips out from the city to see more of the countryside & the Baltic Sea. Europe, here I come! Here are 2 gorgeous pictures of our destination...

-Destination: Yellowstone. We leave on 7/1 for Jackson Hole, Wyoming where we will meet up with Chris' parents and Erin and head to Yellowstone National Park. Visiting Yellowstone is on my bucket-list, so I'm so excited about the opportunity to go and to go with people who have visited several times before and know the best places to see. We'll return home on 7/7. We're looking forward to it & I'm hoping to capture images half as awesome as these...

Summer, here I come!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hope you have fun on all of your summer adventures. I definitely wish I could tag along on all of them. Yellowstone is amazing. I went the summer after high school graduation and loved it! Have fun!