#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

quick recap...

Clearly I haven't gotten around to posting about the holidays yet.
We thoroughly enjoyed our nearly 2 weeks of time away from home with friends and family, yet it's been a bit hectic getting settled in again (only further compounded by snow-AGAIN!)

We had a wonderful Christmas.
This is the first Christmas since we graduated, married, & started our jobs that our work has allowed us to be home for more than a few consecutive days at the holidays.
Let's just say that I have quickly become spoiled to the academic calendar!

We were blessed in so many ways beyond gifts, but we did get some pretty awesome gifts too! Here's just a quick recap of some of my favorites...

*I am now the proud owner of Amazon's newest edition 3G & Wi-Fi Kindle...I L-O-V-E being able to have books with me wherever I go!

*a new pizza stone

*a full-size dressing mirror

*an i-Pod docking station for the kitchen so I can rock out while cooking (could be a dangerous combination, I'm not sure just yet!)

*new clothes

*a donut maker (yes, friends there is an appliance that makes 5 delicious non-fried donuts in 6 minutes...dangerous!)

*awesome new black boots...my dear husband did a wonderful job picking them out!

*cash money to aid in the purchase of a new mattress...we bought it at Macy's this past Saturday-looking forward to sleeping on it soon!

And, here are a few pictures to further recap our holidays.

my all-time favorite Christmas decoration...

our sort-of crooked, little Christmas tree (it was not perfect, but was definitely my favorite Christmas tree we've ever had!) Sadie checking out some of her new stuff on Christmas morning...she's spoiled, bet you couldn't tell!
My dad gave us each a "Christmas Story hat"...it sure has come in handy for walking Sadie in the 20-30 degree weather!
It started snowing on Christmas night...it took 27 years to see my 1st White Christmas!

No comments: