#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Saturday, July 24, 2010

what could be better?

It was 99 degrees today...gross.
We ventured out a bit late this afternoon & evening after it cooled off a bit, but stayed around home for most of the day.

To me, there's nothing better in this summertime heat than fresh fruit.
I'm so enjoying the delicious in-season blueberries & fresh GA peaches!

So, when I stumbled upon this recipe I knew I had to try it...
Blueberry-Peach Freezer Jam
4 cups of blueberries (washed w/ stems removed)
1 cup of peaches, finely chopped
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
4 1/2 cups of sugar
3/4 cup of water
1 1.75 oz. package of Sure-Jell Fruit Pectin

Rinse plastic containers with boiling water & then dry completely. (I used 3-16 oz. Ziplock twist & seal containers)

Mash blueberries thoroughly (I pulsed them in my blender). Measure exactly 2 cups of blueberries into a mixing bowl. Peel, & finely chop peaches. Measure 1 cup of peaches & add to bowl with blueberries. Add lemon juice & then sugar. Mix well.

Mix water & Sure-Jell in small saucepan. Heat over high heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Immediately add mixture into mixing bowl with fruit. Stir for three minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.

Quickly pour mixture into containers & cover with lids. Leave at room temperature for 24 hours & then place in freezer. Thaw in refrigerator before using.

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!

No comments: