#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday, March 8, 2010

hard to believe.

It's hard to believe that it's been a year today since Peppes passed away.
Sometimes it feels like just yesterday and other times it feels forever since she was here with us.

Adjusting to life without her has been difficult.
I miss her immensely, to say the least.

In her honor, last night after dinner I made a "Peppes banana pudding".
Although I had watched and helped her make many, this was the first one I made on my own.
A few tears probably dropped into the homemade pudding while I was stirring it for 15 minutes until it thickened.
Stirring the pudding was always "my job" ("the most important job") when we made it together.

It turned out pretty well considering mine will never measure up to hers.
It was a great way to remember the wonderful memories I have of her.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I can't believe it's been a year!! I remember driving home from work and calling you.... wow... What a great lady!