#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday, May 11, 2009

the great state of Texas...

Mom & I had a wonderful time in the great state of Texas.

We loved spending time on the Riverwalk where the river is beautiful, the music is fun, and the food is spectacular!
We ate lunch Wed. at this excellent Mexican restaurant, Casa Rio, which we later learned was the 1st restaurant to open on the Riverwalk but was originally owned by Germans...crazy!

We of course couldn't forget the Alamo...

The conference was great, somewhat overwhelming, but great.
There were over 5,000 attendees, but everything was so organized we rarely felt like we were in the midst of that many people. At the opening ceremony, we had the opportunity to hear an inspirational speech by breast cancer survivor, Geralyn Lucan.
I can't wait to read her book "Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy".

My presentation on Thursday went very well, and many people seemed very interested in my poster.
Here I am with my poster all set up.

We didn't get time to do too much shopping, and I didn't find many souveniers, but I did bring back something that I'm tickled about!
For those who don't know, I love children's books & I'm always on the search for books to add to my ever-growing collection.
I found this one & couldn't turn it down...it's sooo adorable.

From what we saw, I loved the city of San Antonio.
Perhaps I was most amazed by the beautiful array of tropical flowers.
I love to take pictures of flowers wherever I go.
Here are some of my favorite flower shots...

I'd definitely love to visit San Antonio again!

1 comment:

Court said...

Looks like you had a great time!! You're poster looks wonderful, looks like it survived the journey :o) Bryan and I are planning to do a trip to the Alamo... one of these days. haha