#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Thursday, October 16, 2008

surprise...I'm home!!!

I was awakened at 2:30 p.m. from my eractic daytime sleep after working Tuesday night to the door bell.

Unless I am expecting someone I typically don't answer the door when I'm sleeping during the day because a) I'm trying to sleep, b) I usually look horrible, c) I typically don't want to talk to whoever is there.

So the doorbell rang & rang again so I'm working my way to the door (meanwhile, Sadie is flipping out).

I took 1 step into the living room & there, looking through our picture window, was my wonderful husband with a big smile on his face.

I was so elated to see him that it took me a few minutes to even ask him why he was home. Turns out, a transformer blew somewhere on campus shutting off power to his lab. He couldn't get much work done with no power, so he came home.

It was the nicest surprise!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Awww...how sweet! I love when you don't expect the hubby home till late then they show up in the middle of the day!

Lyndsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.