#header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday, August 27, 2007

Home again...

Chris & I got back last night after a trip home to Conyers for the weekend. We enjoyed ourselves! We spent time with just my family & Chris will be seeing his family over Labor Day weekend at their lake house on Lake Hartwell. I unfortunately have to work over the weekend though so won't be making the trip with him.

I was finally able to see the birthday presents my parents got for me & I am so excited about getting them up here & situated in our home. I had been wanting a wooden rocking chair for our living room & my parents ran across one & bought it for me as a birthday gift. I hadn't seen in until this weekend & then silly me forgot to take any pictures of it! It wouldn't fit in my Honda, so my grandparents are going to bring it up to us in a couple of weeks. My parents also bought us this beautiful wraught iron baker's rack/display shelf for our dining room. We have just the perfect place for it, and I can't wait to get it here & start putting it to good use. I of course, don't have a picture of that either.

Sadie handled the ride to Conyers and back here pretty well this time around...thank goodness. My sister & brother-in-law, Cheri & Jesse, have a new Yorkie puppy, Wally, who weighs 6 1/2 lbs. right now. He & Sadie played very well together. Sadie now weighs 46 lbs. so we were really having to watch to make sure that she didn't accidentally roll over or step on him. I'll post some cute pictures of them playing together sometime this week.

We'll be making another trip home to Conyers in about a month for my best friend & her husband's , Lyndsey & Cameron, baby shower. My friend Courtney & I are doing all of the decorating so that should be lots of fun! I'm really looking forward to seeing Lyndsey & seeing how much the "little one" is making her belly grow. The "little one" is due December 2nd, and we all can't wait to meet him or her. I'm still convinced it's a boy. but for now it's "little one" to everyone since it won't keep it's legs open long enough for them to see the gender with ultrasounds...silly baby!

Well, I'm off to start boiling the chicken for our dinner. I'm making a new recipe I found for chicken pot pie & fresh green beans. I hope it turns out to be delicious!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

have you given your blog up?